1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook noodles until just tender, about a minute or two less than the package directions indicate. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk together sugar, salt, and hot water until sugar has dissolved. Stir in regular soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok over high heat before adding oil. Then add mushrooms, snow peas, light green part of chives, and garlic. Stir fry mixture for 30 seconds. If the mushrooms soak up all the oil and mixture looks dry, add another tablespoon (15 ml) of oil.
4. Add spot prawns and stir fry until cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add noodles and stir fry until warm, about 20 to 30 seconds.
6. Drizzle sauce mixture over noodles and toss everything together until sauce is evenly distributed, about 1 minute.
7. Add green parts of chives and toss into mixture. Continue to cook until chives are bright green and noodles are hot.
8. Garnish with cilantro and red chillies (if using) and serve immediately.