Canada Chain and Forge occupied a number of buildings on Granville Island and their sign can still be seen on Anderson Street above the parkade entrance. Granville Island employees discovered a massive chain link left behind by the company in 2009, which can still be found inside the parkade today.
Granville Island was completed in 1916 using material dredged from False Creek....
Granville Island was initially named Industrial Island, but “Granville”, named after the bridge that runs directly overhead, was the name that stuck.
Both a Vancity ATM and an RBC ATM, between the Public Market and Anderson Street parking lot.