Mask use and "Vaccine Passport" update, for Tuesday, September 7th, 2021
Effective August 25, 2021 by order of the Office of the Provincial Health Officer, masks are required in ALL INDOOR public spaces. Please continue to use the many hand sanitizing stations around the Public Market and outdoor seating areas, as well as maintain social distancing.
Effective September 13th, by order of the Office of the Provincial Health Officer, you must present a valid "Vaccine Passport" to access many locations on Granville Island (see list below). Exemptions to this order i.e., those locations that DO NOT require a vaccine passport, are the Public Market building, including the Public Market food court, the Net Loft and Pedro's Organic Coffee House.
A valid vaccine passport must be presented to access the following;
- Indoor concerts, theatre, dance and symphony events
- Licensed restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining)
- Pubs, bars and lounges (indoor and patio dining) (includes tasting rooms, distilleries and breweries)
- Gyms, exercise facilities/studios, pools and recreation facilities (False Creek Community Centre, yoga studios)
- Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22 years old or older
- Indoor organized events with 50 or more people
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery, art, textile classes and choir
The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022
For further information on the passport, and how to download a QR code for your phone, or a print version, go to gov.bc.ca/VaccineCard-Businesses